Sunday, August 24, 2008

Monterey

Last weekend we took a "quick trip" to Monterey with "The Borgeses" for Chris' birthday. We stayed at The Clement.....a highly overpriced hotel on the waterfront off of Cannery Row. The Borgeses got the room for a hell of a bargain....so it was worth every penny.
We had an absolutely FABULOUS dinner at a waterfront restaurant. Dave tried Cioppino, I had lobster, Art got his chocolate mousse, and Chris had $7 Martinis...woo hoo...can't beat that. But seriously, it was delicious. After dinner we went looking for some fun. We had to create a little of our own, but we did end up dancing at a local spot and watching Phelps get #8!!!! Fun was had by all.
The following day we trolled around a bit more, then headed to see my "Kitty" and Lani in Marina on our way home. I truly miss my "Kitty Kat." She is about halfway through her pregnancy with my little Taylor and I just need to be near her more often. We all collaborated on an awesome BBQ, then feasted on the outcome.

Then we rode of into the most beautiful sunset, headed for home. It was a wonderful weekend getaway with all of my very favorite people!

No comments: