Friday, January 2, 2009

Merry Christmas / Feliz Natal




It was the PERFECT Christmas. We had a busy schedule, but one can never have too much to do. It was our first Christmas together and it was the perfect series of events and memories. We started the festivities with dinner in Bakersfield with my parents, my brother and sister-in-law and my sweet nephew Bodhi. It was great to be with him for his first Christmas and to have the kids at my parents' house again.

Everyone had a good time it seemed. Aunt Mary stopped by (sorry, no pic). It was great to see her again. I really do miss the family. And, of course, every moment with Ray is cherished immensely (even if he never adds us to his blog...) The kids love playing some pool (I think Antonio is a Shark...time will tell). This pic amuses me because it is a great depiction of what we lovingly refer to as Mini-Dave.

I think the following picture is my overall favorite. It is just classic. Pretty sure its going to be an enlargement on the wall soon!!!
The second half of the day was spent in bliss with the Borges clan. Again, it is sucky to be missing Colby (oh the joys of split families), but it makes the memories so special when we can get 'em. Chris' mom joined us (that was way cool) and afforded us the opportunity to get a family shot (minus Colby...ugh). Mãe cooked us another meal enjoyed by all. And a call from home in the Açores was cherished indeed. We have to draw attention to the picture of the oldest grandchild giving kisses. It is a sweet sweet sight. How can you NOT love that?
After we ate, we all opened a second round of gifts, then dug into some traditional portuguese sweets. Sarah particularly likes this picture and I am pretty sure we hear her tummy growl each time she does. LOL.
This last pic is one I have wanted for a while. I think it is a particulary good shot of mom and her two unbelievably cherished sons. She does so love them!!!
Merry Christmas all. It certainly was around here.

No comments: